Picturesque Detail on How to Wash a Dog Bed with Stuffing
- Ronald Grint
- Reading Time: 3 minutes
Many dog owners wonder how to wash a dog bed with stuffing. Well, you are about to explore the best washing tricks within 3 minutes. Dog beds provide ultimate comfort to the fur baby.
But he is quite unable to distinguish between a dirty and a clean bed. So, its freshness entirely rests upon you. A healthy dog needs a neat bed for relaxation.
Cleaning the bed by yourself or go to the laundry?
Actually, it depends on you. Washing the bed all by yourself is not a huge task if you know the techniques. It saves you a pretty penny. Contrarily, a busy dog owner finds it difficult to manage time for regular bed cleaning.
Those swamped people prefer the laundry. Besides, handling a large bed alone could prove to be a difficult job. So, sending the bed to the laundry seems to be a logical choice for some.
How frequently to clean the dog bed?
In general, a weekly wash works fine. However, an active outdoor dog might demand recurrent cleaning. Your nose flawlessly detects emergencies. You cannot ignore the stinky canine smell.
Whenever you sense filthy odor stemming from the dog bed, it’s about time for washes. Moreover, you identify some visible marks of stains and spots which could be another sign of laundry time. Dogs love lengthy naps and the next one should be top-notch.
Why wash the dog bed?
There are several reasons for washing the dog bed.
1. Uninterrupted dog rests are vital for the puppy. A nice and clean bed is the provider of ultimate rest.
2. Dog beds breed insects and germs. His health goes under the weather, threatened by imminent diseases.
3. Your hygienic living place deserves no smelly dog beds. You want no part of abhorrent smells on a sunny morning.
4. Dog allergies get triggered by dander, pollen, dust, etc. Dirty dog beds provide shelter to harmful elements.
What are the essential cleaning ingredients?
How to wash a dog bed with stuffing?
Let’s discover the step-by-step guide to cleaning the bed.
01. Disengage the bed cover and the stuffing. Wash the cover separately. Then close all zippers of the stuffing to protect those from damages. If there are any torn areas or weaknesses, get those fixed before going for the wash.
It ensures the durability of the bed. Check out the manufacturer’s instructions on how to wash a dog bed with stuffing. Read it thoroughly and follow the instructions.
02. Remove all loose dirt. The vacuum cleaner gives you a decisive edge. Do the whole bed several times to freshen it up.
Vacuuming drives out loose hair and dander. Pay special attention to the seams as these are the favorite spots for insects, their eggs, and dirt.
03. The dog bed usually guarantees rainbow-color stains with poop marks, grease, urine spots, and mud smudges. A skin-safe spot stain remover performs the trick for you.
Apply the remover and wait for a few minutes before you go laundering. It is vital you rinse the bed and wring out the water.
04. Machine wash if the bed manufacturer permits it. Otherwise, hand washing is the way to go. Most of the stuffed beds allow machine wash these days. In either case, throw in a reasonable amount of detergent inside the washing machine or the bathtub.
Apply the deodorizer to expel the smells altogether. Lukewarm water expedites easy and thorough cleaning. Fill up the bathtub with hot water. Give a full-throttle wash and eliminate all stains as well as odors.
Rinse out the water repeatedly so that none of the soapy water sticks around during drying. Continue pouring water as long as you notice soapy bubbles.
05. You may opt for either air dry or the dryer. Tag instructions source valuable insights. In a flat place, leave the bed out in the sun to eliminate the moisture. While using the dryer, be careful about excessive heat concentration at certain zones.
Dryer overheating negatively impacts the longevity of the bed. If the bed is thick in places, you might need to use a hairdryer at low temperatures for quick-drying.
06. It is time for fluffing as the bed has completely dried. Pull the stuffing from the thick areas to the thin areas of the bed and make an even distribution. This is also a good time for bringing the cover back in action. Zip the cover and you are done.
A healthy dog-human relationship calls for cleanliness. Now, you know the simplest method on how to wash a dog bed with stuffing. So, why should you not jump into action right now? Let’s get our hands busy for the betterment of the interiors.
Dogculture is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.