Aggressive Dogs Are No More A Concern
Dog aggression can lay out the framework for sustained injuries. You may have to face some unpleasant situation because of his growling or glaring teeth. As an owner, you need to identify the symptoms of an aggressive dog.
It will give you more freedom or choice of action in a crowded area or in an emergency. There is a fundamental difference between aggression and reaction. Aggression may spring from the desire to dominate or from fear. On the other hand, dog reactivity springs from improper socialization, family record along with fear.
When do dogs become aggressive?
Some situations work as triggers for dog aggression. Cornering comes first in the list. No matter how cool your dog behavior is, he will become furious if you push him into a corner.
01. Territorial instincts also lead to dog aggression. Some breeds such as the Cane Corso, Akita, Mastiff dogs are naturally protective of their family or toys. Infringing upon their loved items may be the tipping point.
02. Dogs always seek after the alpha status. If he somehow manages the position, he may show some signs of aggression towards others to hold onto that position.
03. A fearful dog is someone you should reckon with. If your intentional or unintentional course of action induce fear in his mind, he will show his response in terms of aggression. Physical pain may also cause this behavior.
04. Sexual desire in intact dogs is a good reason behind it. Dogs are natural predators and this instinct will grow some very common aggressive attitude. Moreover, Dominant aggression, fear aggression and dog to dog aggression has been finely articulated here.
What are the basic causes?
01. Lack of socialization in the early age.
02. Damaging prior experience with human/another dog/animal.
03. Your harsh treatment of the dog will have an outer effect on an opportune animal or person.
04. Size factor plays significant role. A large dog who is barking can easily be mistaken for aggression. His true aggression is also measured in a vital prominence.
05. Neurological implications may be determined with an MRI.
Dog aggression symptoms:
There are several occasions or events that indicate your dog is on its way to aggression. Dominating behavior is always on top of the list. You can differentiate this behavior from some obvious issues.
Your dog creates obstacle to another person’s personal space. They are not shy of asking for attention when it is the last thing you want. This dog is likely to move up to a dog from its side. They charge at people. Anyone of these issues may not sound an alarm. But more than one behavior should worry you.
These well calculated risk factors are never to trifle with. Fear aggression may lead to a disliking to touch and tendency of biting. You can tell when your dog is fearful. He will hold his ears back, tuck his tail between the legs, avoid eye contact at any cost and lower its posture.
What are the most important factors?
In general, some signs indicate the gravity better. If these things are regularly happening with your dog, you may become sure of his problematic behavior.
* Intense staring
*Ears leaned forward
*High tail and cautious waggling
*Erect hair on the neck area
*Direct and close eye contact
*Exposed eye or white part of the teeth are the common denominators of an aggressive dog.
How to calm an aggressive dog?
Thoughtful measures will help you better address dog aggression. Problematic behavior should ensue some precautionary steps.
01. You have to keep your dog on a short leash while outing.
02. Do not take him to a dog park and even if you have to go, better choose a lonely zone. So, you can deal with him fruitfully and no serious incident can take place. In a severe case,you may totally avoid the park or crowded areas.
03. Leadership role plays a reverse effect on problem dogs. As the leader, you must seriously prevent his unwanted actions. Your higher social status, in terms of dogdom, abstains the dog from crossing your set boundaries
04. Small delinquencies should not go unaddressed. Such as your dog may group up with the other dogs and chase a subject. Letting him do that regularly is a doom sign. Stop it on the very first occasion.
05. Dog behavioral modification takes huge treat. In this calming down process,you are going to retract his impulses. So, you must be magnanimous in order to lure him into the right direction.
06. You can always consult your vet in any situation.Ask him for a professional behaviorist in your locality. You may also seek assistance from the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC) or the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT).
Aggressive dog breeds:
Aggression is barely to be considered as a breed related issue. But some dogs have a formidable size and temperament which is a grave contributor to this likelihood. Biting is the worst form of aggression. Here goes the list of the most aggressive dog breeds.
|Siberian Husky||Doberman Pinscher||Alaskan Malamute|
|American Pit Bull Terrier||German Shepherd||Dalmatian|
His wolf like look is always appreciated by the proud owners. These dogs just love to chase other animals. They are also fond of digging holes and carrying out a massacre in your tiptop apartment.
Huskies do not bark too much. So, their attack may be a silent sabotage. This medium size dog is too powerful. But he is a very good tempered breed unless someone decides to provoke him. This is specifically not a guard dog.
True aggression comes from the Chow Chows. They are outright disproving of a stranger. Not so many people are blessed with the incomparable love of this dog. They are exclusively selective while picking a friend. If you are looking for a hugging breed, look no more.
He is more likely to attend to your social activities from a close distance and maintain his royal aloofness. Older kids who know the dog etiquette are better suitable for him. An outstanding guard dog Chow Chow will show you plenty of loyalty but little sign of an adorable character.
American Pit Bull Terrier:
A properly raised Pit Bull will turn out to be the best nanny for your children. But this dog carries a vicious history with its name. They were used to bait bulls. So, these dogs can show both adorable and ferocious capacities.
Well planned training schedule and your efforts will decide which side of his temperaments going to show up. They are rarely responsible for picking a fight but you can bet on their hanging on to it until finished. Neither human nor animal opponents cause any fright deep down a Pit Bull heart.
The Akita is a large Working Group dog. They are useful for big game hunting. If you want to have a quiet and dignified dog, this breed is your lucky charm. They are known for their fiery guarding capabilities.
Depending on your raising style, they may be selective or indiscriminate while on guard. Akita is unlikely to tolerate any other pet in the same place as he shows aggression for almost no reason. His incomparable intelligence along with flaming attitude should be considered as a force to reckon with.
The Doberman Pinscher is an epitome of power and sharp intellect. Fearlessness and vigilance distance this breed from the other aggressive dogs. They do not accept threats of any kind in their territory.
Improper training method is a sign of doom for its owner as it leads to uneven temperament. For such a large dog, temperamental issues are at the heart of future problems.
They never wait for your dubious actions rather Dobermans love to anticipate your moves and take precautionary measures accordingly. When a natural guard dog like this one becomes aggressive, everybody should take anything for granted.
Rotties do not demonstrate unexpected thunderbolt belligerence which is a happy side for you. They like to maintain their personal space and upon infringement one may have the taste of his fiery manners.
He is a symbol of strength and stamina. Dominance and aggression is a package that naturally comes up with this breed. Family and friends are the warmest zones of Rottie protection and antagonism.
German Shepherd Dog:
This is a very popular and busy dog. He loves to work, learn and train. He is going to outsmart you regularly. In case of idleness, the German Shepherds show bellicosity. They would protect property or family and show no hesitation to go at length in that purpose.
As a Herding dog, Shepherd may try to herd your children or pets in the house and to achieve this goal he will bark and circle in rounds around them. Do not interpret this behavior as aggression. This is just his breed specialty.
Tireless worker and thick boned Alaskan Malamute is a jolly but dignified dog. They are day night laborer and illustrates aggression in case of work shortage. They also need some true companionship to calm their temperament.
This heavy duty breed welcomes the toughest of the jobs such as sledding. In absence of mesmerizing challenges, they get bored and become hostile. His sparkling eyes always look for an opportunity to show off his higher status. Smaller pets are fair game to him.
The Bullmastiff is a large Working Group dog. This loyal family dog immediately turns on its suspicions with strangers on the scene. He has got no cordial business with unfamiliar persons or animals.
Other family pets are likely to feel the rage coming out of him. Extensive training can curb some of its out of the blue hostility. It is very difficult to contain this dog within training boundaries. This is not the dog you expect to back down from an action.
But they are an ultimately loyal family dog willing to even sacrifice his life for them. This dog also seeks for little grooming urgency.